Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Prawn Hats

If you eat a live frog in the morning, nothing worse will happen to either of you for the rest of the day

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Jose, California, United States

I'm a Westerner.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Type {Title} Here!

When I get up in the morning these days, struggling to my feet from a restless night on the blue recliner, I'm in one of two states:

a) I just want to climb straight into the bathtub, and stay there a good long time

or

b) Consume a bowl of cereal, either hot or cold, with chunks of ibuprofin sprinkled on top

This morning was state "b)". Thanks to M, the cereal was hot. I try not to think of myself as finicky, but I recently requested we move away from the hot cereal with the peanuts in it. It was a pleasant deviation at first (oooh! peanuts!), but the novelty wore off, and pretty soon the peanuts kind of made me gag. So, this morning was peanut-less oatmeal... accompanied by plenty of ibuprofin.

Lunch was pasta (or "noodles", to you Wisconsinite readers) with olive oil and some grated hard cheese. Also, there were two Morrison's pizza breads, which are simply thin crispy bases with a bit of sauce & spices on top.

Dinner was soup, that had, um, brewed all afternoon, no, that isn't the write wurd, er, I mean, what the heck does soup do? Does it simply COOK? I find that hard to swallow.

Ha ha ha ha hahh a

Anyway, the soup had beef, celery, potatoes... onions, maybe? It was nice. I put these little trans-fat-free crackers in it, and we had Cuban bread from the day before, upon which butter was very thickly spread. Plus a handful of ibuprofin, let's not forget about that.

Now, all I can think about is ice cream.

Or... y'know, I bought this sticky chocolate sponge thing at the store... it is unbelievable, I've had it before.

My surgery is scheduled for November 8th. On that day, a man I barely know will cut me open, and who knows what will come next. I suppose one could say I'll be at his mercy, no?

Good bye.

10 Comments:

Blogger ipodmomma said...

what a ncie blog... :)))


but then you are a nice guy.... :)))

and I like nice guys... :))))

ya know!

love, m

10/25/2005 9:00 PM  
Blogger Sarah Elaine said...

Cool blog... found you through kt's blog. Cool that one of your interests is grammar! I'm a language teacher and confess a lifelong love affair with grammar, punctuation, syntax, spelling... and on it goes... Will check in again...

10/26/2005 9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

r.e. grammar. Tell me if I'm wrong, but it seems I am constantly hearing people misuse the word "myself". Like they are afraid to use the word "me". If you need help with that project talk to Sue or myself, they say. Send your comments to myself or Joe. In Mr. Small's lingo (not to say he uses incorrect grammar), my oatmeal breakfast was thoroughly enjoyed by both my wife and myself. Me is okay sometimes. I hear this all the time and from very educated people. Please educate me if I am the one who is wrong. And please excuse any grammar, punctuation or spelling errors I may have written in this comment.

10/27/2005 7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s. I think soup "simmers" or maybe "stews". Probably simmers.

10/27/2005 7:30 PM  
Blogger oldhall said...

Thank you, Tommy. I know you think about these things...

I remember one day at work you turned to me... "have you noticed how the English use the word 'me' as a posessive? They might say (if they've misplaced their lunch)- 'where is me Yorkshire Pudding?' "

I fear- I did not have a satisfactory response for you on that day. For that matter, I don't have a satisfactory answer today, either.

10/27/2005 8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I was hoping maybe Sarah E. could help citing her "lifelong love affair with grammar" etc. But, I'm not losing sleep.

10/31/2005 7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

2015-10-13 xiaozhengm
michael kors outlet stores
ugg sale
Ugg Boots,Ugg Boots Outlet,Ugg Outlet,Cheap Uggs,Uggs On Sale,Ugg Boots Clearance,Uggs For Women
hermes bags
Michael Kors Outlet Official Website
Canada Goose,Canada Goose Outlet,Canada Goose Jackets,Canada Goose Sale
michael kors bags
Designer Handbags Louis Vuitton
Abercrombie and Co Stoves and Awnings
toms
Louis Vuitton Outlet Quality Handbags
Michael Kors Outlet Sale Online Store
michale kors outlet
ugg boots
Jordan Retro 8 Playoffs
ugg boots sale
canada goose outlet
Authentic Coach Factory Outlet Online
Kobe Basketball Shoes For Sale
canada goose jackets
michael kors bags
ralph lauren
Michael Kors Factory Outlet Online Official
cheap ugg boots
Coach Outlet Store Online Official Website
canada goose outlet
uggs clearance
ugg boots sale
louis vuitton outlet stores
coach factory outlet
Ray Ban Outlet Store Online
oakley sunglasses,oakley vault,prescription sunglasses,polarized sunglasses,aviator sunglasses,spy sunglasses,oakleys,oakley canada,cheap oakley sunglasses,oakley frogskins,oakley holbrook,cheap sunglasses,wayfarer sunglasses,oakley standard issue,fake oakleys,oakley glasses,oakley.com,oakley prescription glasses,oakley goggles,sunglasses for men,oakley gascan,oakley store,oakleys sunglasses
michael kors uk
fitflops

10/13/2015 11:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

cheap oakley sunglasses
ray ban sale
nike outlet
prada outlet
nike sneakers
swarovski crystal
ralph lauren polo shirts
cheap oakley sunglasses
michael kors usa
wellensteyn coats
true religion jeans
air force one shoes
lululemon outlet
michael kors handbags
ray ban sunglasses
ralph lauren
true religion sale
coach outlet store online,coach outlet store,coach outlet
canada goose outlet
instyler ionic styler,instyler,instyler ionic styler pro
cheng1204

12/04/2015 8:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

prada outlet online
winter coats
mlb jerseys
parajumpers outlet
tory burch outlet
salomon shoes
coach outlet online
canada goose outelt
michael kors outlet
nba jerseys
ugg boots sale
swarovski outlet
true religion jeans
discount oakley sunglasses
cyber monday 2015
cheap jordans
michael kors outlet online
ugg boots
oakley outlet store
1209minko

12/09/2015 1:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The nfl jerseys store Broncos are 8-5 and have Christian Louboutin Women Flat games left against the Patriots, Chiefs and cheap nfl jerseys Raiders, three of the four NFL teams who christian louboutin shoes have Nike Air Max 90 already reached NFL Tom Brady Jerseys at least 10 wins. They christian louboutin uk probably Nike Air Max 2015 Shoes need louboutin outlet to christian louboutin men flat win two Nike Free Run of christian louboutin Panettone spiked leather wallet those three to make the playoffs. This will feel like a wholesale nfl jerseys playoff game already for NFL Rob Gronkowski Nike Jerseys them.

12/20/2016 7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home