Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Prawn Hats

If you eat a live frog in the morning, nothing worse will happen to either of you for the rest of the day

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Jose, California, United States

I'm a Westerner.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

And now for something completely different

In an effort to avoid repeating myself repeating myself repeating myself, I'm going to document here my MRI news... (I'm sorry, I'd much rather write about what I've eaten, next time for sure)

It was absolute torture. As you may or may not know, my nerve/disc/vertebrae problem manifests itself such that... I can't lie down. Without painful nerve-pinching. Sharp, shooting pains down my arm, until it goes numb. So... guess what you have to do to get an MRI??? Yup, lie down.

When I tried it Saturday, I failed, I was only able to make it through one scan (not enough!) before I gave up... so, today was attempt number two, under threat of... sedatives. Now, I certainly don't want that, it's like- "behave yourself, or we'll sedate you", yeah, with a big club, right?

So, today I was certainly intent on giving it my best shot... and, it worked, I lay there long enough, and still enough, that they were able to get good images.

But... what torture! I had to lie there for (M estimated) at least 40 minutes... now, after about 4 minutes my arm goes numb, it turns out if I keep going... the pain comes back, radiating through my shoulder into my arm. Then goes numb again. Cycles back and forth... pain... numbness... etc. It was supposed to be 4 scans... but after 4 scans, they said, oh- we need to re-do two of 'em, plus, I think there was an extra after that

So imagine, if you will, the worst pain you've ever felt, but you can't move, if you do move, you have to start over, and if you fail for long enough, you get sedated... like that Star Trek episode with the crazy doctor that comes on board and McCoy threatens to tranquilise him if he can't behave... that was me...

Friday I meet with the neurosurgeon to see what happens next.

Kirk: What did you say your name was?
Van Gelder: My name? My name is....(winces in pain)....Simon...Van Gelder....I was...the director...of the...Tantalus Colony...I was assistant to...to..Doc-tor.....I knew. I knew, but...they've erased it.
McCoy: Erased?
Van Gelder: Edited...adjusted...subverted me. BUT I WON'T FORGET! I WON'T FORGET! (To Kirk) You're so blind ignorant! You believe I belong back there, don't you? Dead or alive! WELL I WON'T LET YOU TAKE ME BACK THERE! I'M NOT GOING! I'LL DIE FIRST! (McCoy administers sedative) NO! NO! No! (Van Gelder passes out)

5 Comments:

Blogger ipodmomma said...

poor you!!!

I sure love ya! can't wait for all this to be a faint memory...

love, m

10/18/2005 9:07 PM  
Blogger Photocat said...

You would have done very well in Star Trek, I am sure.
Hopefully they give you some news that you can do something with. So sorry that it is so painfull, I never get it, doctors need to hurt you in order to make you better, and they seem to do it without thinking twice... Hurting you I mean...
Take care and let me know on friday about the results.

10/18/2005 9:49 PM  
Blogger Teddy said...

Hi Daddy!

10/22/2005 3:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

prada outlet online
winter coats
mlb jerseys
parajumpers outlet
tory burch outlet
salomon shoes
coach outlet online
canada goose outelt
michael kors outlet
nba jerseys
ugg boots sale
swarovski outlet
true religion jeans
discount oakley sunglasses
cyber monday 2015
cheap jordans
michael kors outlet online
ugg boots
oakley outlet store
1209minko

12/09/2015 1:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

prada outlet online
winter coats
mlb jerseys
parajumpers outlet
tory burch outlet
salomon shoes
coach outlet online
canada goose outelt
michael kors outlet
nba jerseys
ugg boots sale
swarovski outlet
true religion jeans
discount oakley sunglasses
cyber monday 2015
cheap jordans
michael kors outlet online
ugg boots
oakley outlet store
1209minko

12/09/2015 1:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home