Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Prawn Hats

If you eat a live frog in the morning, nothing worse will happen to either of you for the rest of the day

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Jose, California, United States

I'm a Westerner.

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Are You Ready To Rawk?

I decided last night to really cut back on my ibuprofin intake; for the last two months or so I've been gobbling down those reddish-brown orbs of wonder like they were just so much hot buttered popcorn. Typically, about twelve/day (4 x 3 pills). See, this started to worry me a bit... the litany of side-effects is impressive, even if I'm not exhibiting any of them. So, now that I'm 'improving' (my neck/shoulder/back/arm/spine/vertebrae/disk is better, thanks), the twelve/day habit seemed, er, excessive, shall we say.

You're no doubt wonderin' what this long-winded intro has to do with food. Well, not much.

But I will say, in my own defence, that you may now understand, or perhaps you're just closer to understanding, why I rose at 5:30 this morning. It wasn't so much that my shoulder ached due to the ibuprofin retreat, (altho' it DID), but moreover I was simply worried, almost obsessively worried, that I would hurt. So, once I was up, I was up.

I enjoyed a bowl of organic corn flakes, with organic semi-skimmed milk. I don't have any well-developed opinion about the benefits (or 'bennies', as we call them) of eating organic grub, but we-in-the-UK are fortunate that many organic foods are not only readily-available, but also are priced competitively, compared to their corporate, drug-laced counterparts. I reckon the food where I can taste a profound difference is: bananas! Organic bananas are full of flavour (or 'fof', as we say). As an example of price, a large box of organic corn flakes only costs 99 pence.

Our evening meal was pre-planned: M & I were going to enjoy a night out at The QH pub, exquisite pub grub. It was reasonable, then, to de-emphasize our mid-day meal. I'd bought fresh pasta, but even that seemed excessive. We don't wish our habits to be excessive, do we??? Instead, I enjoyed some stalks of celery, about 3 apples, a pear... a banana or two... oh-yes-and-we-mustn't-forget a lovely PB&J.

For our evening meal, M enjoyed thick slabs of the finest goat cheese perched upon garlic bread. With, naturally, assorted cute bits all around. If only I'd remembered my camera! Somewhat predictably, I enjoyed as massive fried haddock, with chips & mushy peas. (And a mere two ibuprofin, for a total of four, for the day)

7 Comments:

Blogger ipodmomma said...

I love you, but that icky raw haddock nearly made me hurl, dude...

nice blog... I especially liked the little boy scratching his head,and Bennie!!!!

love, m

11/13/2005 7:02 AM  
Blogger Sarah Elaine said...

That's a lot of pills! Ever thought of tequila instead?

11/13/2005 7:19 AM  
Blogger Elliot said...

I drink organic milk and it is much tastier than regular milk. Thanks to you, I am happy to learn that it also provides more vitamins and I am now on a crusade to get the ultimate vitamin experience by actually drinking the milk directly from the cow. I do not understand why more people haven't thought of this before.

11/14/2005 6:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know how you could talk about the Queen's Head and not mention the OP. Also, the steak and cheese is a very good menu selection. I work with someone who recently went to Yorkshire for a business trip (boondoggle) and stayed at the Queen's. Lucky him. I must ask him if he tried the steak sandwich.

11/16/2005 3:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The nfl jerseys store Broncos are 8-5 and have Christian Louboutin Women Flat games left against the Patriots, Chiefs and cheap nfl jerseys Raiders, three of the four NFL teams who christian louboutin shoes have Nike Air Max 90 already reached NFL Tom Brady Jerseys at least 10 wins. They christian louboutin uk probably Nike Air Max 2015 Shoes need louboutin outlet to christian louboutin men flat win two Nike Free Run of christian louboutin Panettone spiked leather wallet those three to make the playoffs. This will feel like a wholesale nfl jerseys playoff game already for NFL Rob Gronkowski Nike Jerseys them.

12/20/2016 7:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

true religion outlet
fitflops sale clearance
hugo boss outlet
nike huarache
canada goose jackets
bottega
coach factory outlet
adidas shoes
new england patriots jerseys
polo homme pas chère

6/04/2018 1:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

zzzzz2018.7.15
nhl jerseys
air max 90
supreme shirt
canada goose outlet
prada outlet
ugg boots
louboutin shoes
ralph lauren uk
adidas shoes
moncler online

7/15/2018 3:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home