Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Prawn Hats

If you eat a live frog in the morning, nothing worse will happen to either of you for the rest of the day

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Jose, California, United States

I'm a Westerner.

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Another Sunday

The day started with church (it was a SUNDAY, after all) , which means, by custom, that we pop by the Kosherie for bagels on the way to St. Luke's. I've always loved the symbolism of this, engaging in the Jewish Law (if you will), before moving on to Christianity. (I suppose most of those terms qualify to have little quotes around them!) It just seems historical to me, I'm reminded of the birth of Christianity by being (at least momentarily) immersed in the Jewish tradition first. Does that make any sense? Sometimes I top off the experience by eating lunch with Muslims, but not today.

I ate a sesame bagel, then a cinnamon-raisin. Dee-lish! After church... another sesame.

We did our Normal Sunday Grocery Shop (NSGS) after that, and my guilty pleasure was... well, there were several. First, a bag of pistachios. I think, when I'm on my death bed, I'll ask for pistachios, and eat them until I'm dead. Also, I bought a chocolate fudge cake thing... actually, I bought TWO of them. The reason for this (I'll bet you're guessing gluttony) was that we had an invite to go to my friend Mike's house to watch football tonight. Fun! Social interaction!

This neatly brings us to the Evening Meal.

Well, not quite- first was an afternoon snack of Irish bread; I developed a taste for this delicacy in (ahem) Ireland, when we visited Cobh in Spring. I toasted the Irish bread, and spread jam on top. I think... it was strawberry jam.


I took this piccie in Cobh, out the window of our room.

The Evening Meal was homemade pizza, at Mike's house. He prepares the bases, and we each apply our favourite toppings. I had ham, onions, a few pepperoni slices... and that was it.

Afterwards, we enjoyed the chocolate extravagance... it was remarkable.

Good bye.

6 Comments:

Blogger ipodmomma said...

I wonder if they make chocolate Imeldas....

then you could just bite her head off... literally!

12/12/2005 12:02 PM  
Blogger Sarah Elaine said...

So... that was 3 bagels yesterday? Oy vey!

I like your multicultural approach to food.

12/12/2005 8:21 PM  
Blogger Cam-Fu said...

Wow... that picture is beautiful.

12/13/2005 3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

2015-10-13 xiaozhengm
coach outlet store online
air max 95
Authentic Louis Vuitton Handbags Outlet
michael kors outlet
michael kors outlet
Outlet Michael Kors Online
ugg boots
Louis Vuitton Neverfull GM Monogram
nike free run 2,nike free runs,nikes,nike air max 95,nike high tops,air force 1,nike pegasus
michael kors outlet online
michael kors outlet online
coach outlet online
louis vuitton handbags
canada goose outlet usa
michael kors outlet
cheap ugg boots
ugg boots
Designer Louis Vuitton Handbags Online
uggs on sale
timberland boots for men
abercrombie and fitch
Abercrombie Short T-Shirts
ray ban sunglasses
Air Jordan 4 Green Glow
Louis Vuitton Outlet Factory Online
tory burch sale
michael kors outlet
Abercrombie & Fitch Kids Clothing
Authentic Montblanc Pens Sale Online
Air Jordan Shoes For Women And Men
Michael Kors Outlet Handbags Wholesale
Michael Kors Online Store Outlet
louis vuitton
cheap jordans,jordan shoes,cheap jordan shoes
louis vuitton handbags
Louis Vuitton Bags On Sale Cheap

10/13/2015 11:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

tiffany and co
cheap ugg boots
valentino outlet
snapbacks wholesale
michael kors online outlet
louis vuitton outlet online
lululemon pants
air force 1 shoes
toms outlet store
chanel handbags outlet
adidas outlet
chicago blackhawks
ugg outlet online
louis vuitton bags
babyliss flat iron
rolex watches
rolex watches outlet
canada goose jackets
michael kors handbags sale
ferragamo outlet
1209minko

12/09/2015 1:39 AM  
Anonymous Obat Pereda Nyeri Dada Sebelah Kiri said...


Thanks for the information, this is very useful. Allow me to share a health article here, which gods are beneficial to us. Thank you :)

Solusi untuk Menanggulangi Osteoporosis
Cara Mengobati Abses Payudara Tanpa Operasi
Cara Mengobati Prurigo
Obat Ampuh Sembuhkan Flu Berkepanjangan
Cara Menghilangkan ambeien/Wasir Secara Permanen

7/05/2018 5:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home